THE H.A.R.R.T. PROGRAM:
The focus of Camp Freedom Ranch is to offer the H.A.R.R.T.© Program, which stands for Holistic, Alternative, Residential, Resiliency, and Transitioning. The H.A.R.R.T. Program serves caregivers & wounded veterans (from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Operation New Dawn) suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) who are seeking trauma recovery while living in the US.
Under the supervision of appropriately medically licensed professionals and staff, paid staff and volunteers will make several types of proven Bio-Psycho-Social interventions. As participants engage in the training, counseling, mentoring, and other activities called for in their Personal Development Plan (PDP’s), they nurture and expand the self-skills that enable them to transition from Camp Freedom to home. Core H.A.R.R.T. Services, which utilizes the R.E.A.P. model include:
- Intimacy Therapy, e.g. couples therapy
- Peer Group Sharing, e.g. campfire or fireplace sharing
- Warrior to Warrior
- Caregiver to Caregiver
- Bio-Pyscho-Social Intervention, e.g. Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Physical Therapy, Occupation Therapy, Mindfulness Breathing (Stress Inoculation) and other Activities such as
- Massage Therapy
- Recreational Therapy (arts & crafts, painting, wood work, mechanical work, auto hobby (small engines), ATVs, cycling, swimming, fishing, hiking, climbing, sports, music, video chronicles, etc.)
- Equine Therapy
- Field Trips
- Outdoor Adventure Programs (ROPES)
- Financial Education & Care Counseling Workshops
- Monitoring & Evaluation of PDP through Professional Coaching
WHAT IS COACHING
A PROFESSIONAL COACH IS A PERSONAL CHANGE EXPERT.
Coaches help people like you grow faster, perform at a higher level, understand themselves more deeply, and live with greater purpose and fulfillment. In the same way that a personal trainer helps a pro athlete maximize performance, a personal coach can help you get the most out of life.
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them learn rather than teaching them.
– Sir John Whitmore
PROFESSIONAL LIFE COACHING
Life coaching will enhance the Vocational Reintegration Education & Training, Counseling, and mentoring activities. Professional Life Coaches will support participating warriors in “fulfilling their destinies” – helping them to identify their goals and priorities – and build strategies around the tools they have gained in their Vocational Reintegration Education and Training, their therapy(ies), and their peer-to-peer mentoring to overcome obstacles and achieve those goals. Professional Life coaching sessions will be agreed on by the Life Coach and the Warrior. Professional Life Coaches will be certified by such organizations as International Coach Federation (ICF) or American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC). Certified Life coaches, generally Warriors, will conduct the coaching sessions.
- Coaches will help you develop your life purpose statement that addresses these types of questions:
- What will be the legacy of my life?
- What do I most want to accomplish before I die?
- How will the world be a better place because I lived?
- How will what I’m born to do flow out of my being (Who I am)?
- Who did God design me to be?
- What do I most want to be and become?
FAMILY CAREGIVER SUPPORT
Family caregivers require and benefit from specialized support, education and understanding from care professionals as they move through stages of adaptation that often correspond with the treatment and recovery of a service member who sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
We provide Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) awareness training for our caregivers.